Our commitment to Puerto Rico
FROM THE DEVASTATION CAUSED BY HURRICANE MARIA TO MORE INCLUSIVE AND RESILIENT LOCAL ECONOMIES
Strengthening Puerto Rico's network of financial cooperatives is a proven and effective mechanism to support the economic revital ization of vulnerable communities and help them prepare for future disasters. With over 45 years of experience in bui lding the reach and impact of grassroots financial institutions, Inclusiv commits to developing the capacity of the island's financial cooperatives to benefit Puerto Ricans not served by the traditional banking system.
ONE MILLION MEMBERS STRONG
Puerto Rico's network of 125 CDFI eligible cooperatives have 1M member-owners and control $9B in community assets. They originate 40% of all small dollar loans on the island and have $5B in loans outstanding.
IMPACT TO DATE
- Three on-the-ground training sessions
- Four financial cooperatives receive $482,179 in CDFI technical assistance grants
- First financial cooperative CDFI certified in Puerto Rico
- Engaged the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the FDIC, SBA and the U.S. Treasury Department's CDFI Fund in our work
- Facilitated collaborations with CDFI credit unions on the mainland
Contact Pablo DeFilippi, SVP, Membership & Network Engagement at email@example.com.