Call for Nominations: Inclusiv 2021 Board Elections
Deadline for Nominations is August 11
Inclusiv is seeking passionate, committed and thoughtful candidates for its Board of Directors. As members in good standing of Inclusiv, we urge you to consider nominating yourself or another qualified candidate for these leadership positions. This is a truly unique opportunity to join the industry's leading voice for Low Income designated, CDFI certified and MDI designated credit unions.
This is a historic moment for community development credit unions. As a result, Inclusiv is experiencing a time of unprecedented growth, with near 400 member credit unions. This is the largest membership in the history of our organization! Much of this growth has been fueled the increasing number of credit unions committed to financial inclusion racial equity. We are particularly proud of the strong interest generated in Puerto Rico, where we currently have 78 members and counting.
Earlier this year, our Board of Directors took the necessary steps to acknowledge our growing membership and revamp the regional structure, which now has 5 regions, with the fifth region being Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. There will be 2 board representatives from each of the 5 regions. In addition, our At-Large Board seats have increased to 5. This will still keep the number of board seats at 15. Inclusiv continues to be committed to representation of all credit unions on our Board. We have committed two (2) At-large Board seats to small credit unions (under $100M in assets).
This is an exciting time to be part of Inclusiv!
We open our Board Nominations process TODAY with a deadline of Wednesday, August 11, 2021. Board elections will start on August 18 and close on September 21. Election results will be announced at the 2021 Inclusiv Conference on September 22 during the Annual Business Meeting. All candidates seeking election are expected to be present at the virtual conference.
- Region 1- (North East): Directors may be nominated from the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington D.C.
- Two (2) Regional Director positions are up for election (each has a three-year term).
- Region 2- (South East): Directors may be nominated from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Region 3- (Mid-West): Directors may be nominated from the following states: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, and Wisconsin.
- Region 4- (West): Directors may be nominated from the following states: Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
- Region 5- (Puerto Rico and the Caribbean): Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- At-Large- (National): Directors may be nominated from any region.
- Three (3) At-Large Director positions are up for election (each has a three year-term).
*Note that we have five (5) board seats open for 2021. We are seeking two (2) board representatives for Region 1 and three (3) Board representatives for the At-Large positions.*
Qualifications for the Board
Inclusiv serves and represents diverse credit unions and communities across the country. Inclusiv strives for demographic, institutional, and skill set diversity on its board of directors.
- Ideal board candidates include individuals who:
- Are actively engaged in the CDCU, credit union, and/or community development movements
- Serve as an official of a well-performing credit union
- Have a demonstrated commitment to Inclusiv's mission and values
- Are familiar with the operation of a charitable 501(c)(3) organization and/or trade association
- Have the capacity to attend meetings and participate in board activities
Responsibilities of Board Members
Board members' primary duties are to provide leadership and governance for Inclusiv; contribute expertise and resources; actively participate in at least one committee; promote the organization within and beyond the credit union field; and represent and support member CDCUs.
Board positions are voluntary, and members serve three year terms. Directors are expected to attend three board meetings annually, as well as the Annual Conference and Member Business Meeting. Board members actively participate in committees and represent Inclusiv in their regions throughout the year.
Please send nominations to Pamela Owens, SVP of Organizational Development and Capacity Building, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 212-809-3274 or by regular post to Inclusiv, 39 Broadway, Suite 2140, New York, NY 10006.