Our Careers Center includes full- and part-time positions, AmeriCorps*VISTA placements, consulting and other opportunities at Inclusiv and at Inclusiv-member CDCUs nationwide.
Career Opportunities at Inclusiv
Inclusiv is a dynamic, growth-oriented intermediary specializing in bringing financial services to low-income communities through nonprofit, member-owned community development credit unions (CDCUs). Based in New York City, Inclusiv provides financial, technical, and educational services to credit unions serving low-income and economically disenfranchised communities. Please click below for details on this opportunity.
Communications Officer (New York, NY )
Communications Officer Job Description
Inclusiv has an immediate opening for an experienced Communications Officer to join our marketing and communications team. We seek a dynamic communications professional to execute our national marketing and communications strategy, and to engage and cultivate stakeholders among the media, a diverse practitioner field, and social impact investors. The Officer will be an excellent writer, effective at communicating clearly with diverse audiences and stakeholders across multiple channels. S/he will have the ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities and bring assignments to successful, timely completion. The Officer will be effective at synthesizing and drafting information and materials gathered from multiple sources.
The Officer must be able to develop and manage against project timelines as well as respond to changing priorities. S/he will be able to develop strong relationships and work collaboratively with Inclusiv staff across the organization and with members and contacts at external partners from funders to vendors.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to social justice issues.
The Communications Officer reports to the VP of Marketing and Communications.
Communications Content and Dissemination, Social Media and Digital Strategy
- Write, create and distribute monthly newsletters, press releases, talking points, PPT presentations and announcements about Inclusiv and its member community development credit unions; must also have experience in writing and producing briefs, summaries, case studies and reports
- Work with the VP of Marketing and Communications to develop and execute a strategy for the Inclusiv’s digital presence that advances the organization’s broader strategic objectives
- Coordinate and draft regular communications materials to Inclusiv members, potential members, industry supporters and allies, government officials, investors and funders
- Manage Inclusiv’s e-communications including our website, email and social media channels
- Engage members for interviews to develop impact stories, and document and share best practices
- Support the VP of Marketing and Communications on the development of Inclusiv communications and marketing collateral
- Manage a variety of graphic design tasks
- Develop and build relationships with press (both credit union trades and others) to develop stories, follow-up on press releases and announcements and ensure coverage of how CDCUs are helping low-income Americans achieve financial independence
- Track and further develop the Inclusiv’s communications metrics and analysis to inform improvements and decisions for digital and offline strategies
- Create and manage content for use on digital channels, including social media posts, images or other digital assets
- Oversee contact management strategy
- Prepare thank you letters, marketing materials and other correspondence on behalf of Inclusiv funders and sponsors
- Support communications and materials associated with Inclusiv’s Annual Conference and other events
The successful candidate is highly motivated, energetic, passionate, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. S\he must possess excellent organizational skills with attention to detail. S\he will have strong project management and time management skills. Must be a self-starter and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. A team player, the ideal candidate will be comfortable in working across multiple areas of expertise, backgrounds and skills to develop, hone and refine messaging for the organization and the credit union movement.
- Must have superb writing skills and the ability to edit the writing of others
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products, databases, website CMS, email platforms, image editing, social media and digital communications strategies required.
- Experience with WordPress is required.
- Must have graphic design experience and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications; including experience with Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience managing and growing social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, is required.
- Experience in external-facing communications is required. Experience in B2B and B2AC communications is required.
- Experience using Sales Force is preferred.
- Must be comfortable working in a matrixed environment, working with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A minimum of three to five years of work experience is required, preferably including communications experience in the nonprofit field.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three (3) writing samples (must include at least one consumer-facing communication) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
At Inclusiv, we believe that true financial inclusion is a fundamental right. Our mission is to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence through credit unions. We dedicate ourselves to closing the gaps and removing barriers to financial opportunities for people living in distressed and underserved communities. Inclusiv is a certified CDFI intermediary that transforms local progress into lasting national change. We provide capital, make connections, build capacity, develop innovative products and services and advocate for our member community development credit unions (CDCUs). Inclusiv members serve over eight million residents of low-income urban, rural and reservation-based communities across the US and hold over $99 billion in community-controlled assets. Founded in 1974, Inclusiv is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices in Madison, WI and Atlanta, GA.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions that serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all of our recruitment efforts. It is the policy of Inclusiv to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Senior Program Officer (New York, NY )
At Inclusiv, we believe that true financial inclusion and empowerment is a fundamental right. We dedicate ourselves to closing the gaps and removing barriers in financial opportunities for distressed and underserved communities by providing capital, making connections and building capacity, developing innovative products and services for community development credit unions (CDCUs) and working to transform local progress into lasting change at the national level. Founded in 1974, Inclusiv is headquartered in Lower Manhattan with offices in Madison, WI and Atlanta, GA. Inclusiv offers a wide range of advocacy, educational, training, investment, marketing, and outreach programs to support and assist CDCUs.
Senior Program Officer
The Senior Program Officer will play a critical role in expanding Inclusiv’s impact by leading key programs and initiatives that expand financial inclusion in underserved communities with and through our community development credit union network. Reporting to the VP of Strategic Initiatives, the Senior Program Officer will oversee and grow existing programs and help shape new initiatives that seek to improve the financial health of low-income people.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate, committed person with exceptional project management skills seeking to help us build a more equitable financial system that empowers all consumers and builds strong healthy communities.
This position is based in our New York City office.
- Lead project management of key initiatives to improve member financial health and build capacity of community development credit unions to serve their communities
- Lead all aspects of program design and implementation, including managing strong relationships with CDCU participants and program partner organizations, coordinating trainings, providing in-depth guidance and support and working across teams to achieve program goals
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a range of partners including credit unions, foundations, national nonprofits, community organizations, industry players and corporate supporters
- Excel at working across units and leading teams to achieve program goals
- Represent Inclusiv in a range of contexts, such as leading training sessions and speaking at conferences on Inclusiv programs
- Work with our Communications team to prepare and disseminate information, releases, articles and other communications on programs and initiatives
- Support fundraising activities including grant writing and grant reports
- Other duties as needed and as projects evolve
- Position requires 15-20% travel across the US
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-8 years relevant work experience in nonprofit program management, community development, consumer finance/banking, or policy advocacy
- 1-2 years management experience
- Strong project management and organization skills; experience effectively managing multiple projects across different internal and external constituents to drive results
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs and build relationships in communities of color, particularly in African American and Hispanic communities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Commitment to Inclusiv’s mission to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence
- Dedication to always producing the highest quality work and motivated to constantly seek new and better ways to reach goals
- Ability to work well in teams as well as independently
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until November 27, 2019.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions which serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all of our recruitment efforts. It is the policy of Inclusiv to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Career Opportunities at Inclusiv member credit unions
Posting of positions is free for all Inclusiv members. Submit a new position!
Opportunities Credit Union -- President & CEO (Winooski, VT )
Opportunities Credit Union
POSITION TITLE: President & CEO Updated: January 2017
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt POSITION REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
The CEO is responsible for:
- Strategic Planning and Execution. Work with the board of directors on the establishment and execution of major goals and objectives for the credit union.
- Overseeing tThe full range of business activities including policy development, staffing, budget and operations, planning, and reporting.
- Direction and administration of branch operations ensuring all aspects of compliance and security oversight appropriate for financial institutions and National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) standards.
- Board Liaison- Reporting to the Board of Directors and responsible for working with the Board Chair in setting the board agenda, annual calendar, preparing required board materials, and ensuring that all governance activities are being met. Responsible for ensuring financial and management reporting is timely and accurate, providing staff support to the Board of Director and other committees, attending Board meeting and providing the necessary materials and education of volunteers to assist them in functioning appropriately as members of committees and the Board of Directors.
- Development and implementation of policies and procedures required to manage the credit union in a safe and sound manner while ensuring that the credit union is in compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other regulatory agencies.
- Staff Development including recruiting, selecting and managing a high performing management team, ensuring that the credit union is adequately staffed with competent employees, evaluating their job performance, ensuring a high level of member service and quality, planning and overseeing employee compensation and benefit programs. Ensuring compliance with all HR regulations. Ensuring that all staff and board members are properly trained and following all policies, laws and guidelines applicable to credit unions
- Developing and implementing Products, Service and Solutions, understanding and staying on top of the gaps and issues in our target market, overseeing the provision of a full range of services to members and prospective members in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Budget and Operations -Overseeing the development of a budget for the credit union that is consistent with the overall strategic plan. Analyzing contracts, programs, services and work flow and making changes to improve efficiency, mitigate risks and reduce costs. Managing the financial plan to ensure the credit union remains a sustainable organization meeting its mission in our community.
- Planning-Conduct business development activities to promote growth and development of the credit union
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: College Degree, Masters preferred with ongoing training and professional development in the areas required for the position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Working knowledge of financial regulations, Credit Union products & services, finance/accounting, IT systems, Human Resources compensation and benefits regulations and practices, Lending and Secondary Markets, Grant Writing and Management.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 10 years or more related experience required in the same or similar field.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Well organized, able to network and build partnerships and collaborations. Ability to attract and manage relationships with foundations, social investors, volunteers and stakeholders. Ability to develop and execute a strategic vision successfully.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish
facts, and draw conclusions. Able to interpret a variety of technical instructions and can deal with multiple variables.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to calculate advanced financial formulas and understand advanced accounting concepts and standards.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read extensively from broad sources to stay on top of the industry, regulations, best practices and trends. Ability to prepare cost/benefit analyses, proposals, executive summaries, and reports.
Ability to conduct training, lead panel discussions and to make professional presentations to all types of audiences. Ideally speaks other languages to interact with our membership effectively.
Opportunities Credit Union is a member-owned, not-for-profit, community development credit union/financial institution, serving the Vermont community since 1989. This is a member-focused institution that believes in providing our members with superior service, financial counseling and planning support as well as a range of financial products and services.
To modify or remove a position please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org