Our Careers Center includes full- and part-time positions and other opportunities at Inclusiv and at Inclusiv-member CDCUs nationwide.
Career Opportunities at Inclusiv
Inclusiv is a dynamic, growth-oriented intermediary specializing in bringing financial services to low-income communities through nonprofit, member-owned community development credit unions (CDCUs). Based in New York City, Inclusiv provides financial, technical, and educational services to credit unions serving low-income and economically disenfranchised communities. Please click below for details on this opportunity.
Communications Officer (New York, NY )
Communications Officer Job Description
Inclusiv has an immediate opening for an experienced Communications Officer to join our marketing and communications team. We seek a dynamic communications professional to execute our national marketing and communications strategy, and to engage and cultivate stakeholders among the media, a diverse practitioner field, and social impact investors. The Officer will be an excellent writer, effective at communicating clearly with diverse audiences and stakeholders across multiple channels. S/he will have the ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities and bring assignments to successful, timely completion. The Officer will be effective at synthesizing and drafting information and materials gathered from multiple sources.
The Officer must be able to develop and manage against project timelines as well as respond to changing priorities. S/he will be able to develop strong relationships and work collaboratively with Inclusiv staff across the organization and with members and contacts at external partners from funders to vendors.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to social justice issues.
The Communications Officer reports to the VP of Marketing and Communications.
Communications Content and Dissemination, Social Media and Digital Strategy
- Write, create and distribute monthly newsletters, press releases, talking points, PPT presentations and announcements about Inclusiv and its member community development credit unions; must also have experience in writing and producing briefs, summaries, case studies and reports
- Work with the VP of Marketing and Communications to develop and execute a strategy for the Inclusiv’s digital presence that advances the organization’s broader strategic objectives
- Coordinate and draft regular communications materials to Inclusiv members, potential members, industry supporters and allies, government officials, investors and funders
- Manage Inclusiv’s e-communications including our website, email and social media channels
- Engage members for interviews to develop impact stories, and document and share best practices
- Support the VP of Marketing and Communications on the development of Inclusiv communications and marketing collateral
- Manage a variety of graphic design tasks
- Develop and build relationships with press (both credit union trades and others) to develop stories, follow-up on press releases and announcements and ensure coverage of how CDCUs are helping low-income Americans achieve financial independence
- Track and further develop the Inclusiv’s communications metrics and analysis to inform improvements and decisions for digital and offline strategies
- Create and manage content for use on digital channels, including social media posts, images or other digital assets
- Oversee contact management strategy
- Prepare thank you letters, marketing materials and other correspondence on behalf of Inclusiv funders and sponsors
- Support communications and materials associated with Inclusiv’s Annual Conference and other events
The successful candidate is highly motivated, energetic, passionate, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. S\he must possess excellent organizational skills with attention to detail. S\he will have strong project management and time management skills. Must be a self-starter and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. A team player, the ideal candidate will be comfortable in working across multiple areas of expertise, backgrounds and skills to develop, hone and refine messaging for the organization and the credit union movement.
- Must have superb writing skills and the ability to edit the writing of others
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products, databases, website CMS, email platforms, image editing, social media and digital communications strategies required.
- Experience with WordPress is required.
- Must have graphic design experience and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications; including experience with Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience managing and growing social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, is required.
- Experience in external-facing communications is required. Experience in B2B and B2AC communications is required.
- Experience using Sales Force is preferred.
- Must be comfortable working in a matrixed environment, working with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A minimum of three to five years of work experience is required, preferably including communications experience in the nonprofit field.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three (3) writing samples (must include at least one consumer-facing communication) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
At Inclusiv, we believe that true financial inclusion is a fundamental right. Our mission is to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence through credit unions. We dedicate ourselves to closing the gaps and removing barriers to financial opportunities for people living in distressed and underserved communities. Inclusiv is a certified CDFI intermediary that transforms local progress into lasting national change. We provide capital, make connections, build capacity, develop innovative products and services and advocate for our member community development credit unions (CDCUs). Inclusiv members serve over eight million residents of low-income urban, rural and reservation-based communities across the US and hold over $99 billion in community-controlled assets. Founded in 1974, Inclusiv is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices in Madison, WI and Atlanta, GA.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions that serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all of our recruitment efforts. It is the policy of Inclusiv to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Director, Resiliency and Clean Energy Finance (New York, NY )
Director, Resiliency and Clean Energy Finance
Inclusiv seeks a passionate, dynamic, experienced lending professional with background and expertise in solar and clean energy finance to lead our Center for Resiliency and Clean Energy. The Inclusiv Center for Resiliency and Affordable Renewable Energy was created in partnership with Center for Impact Finance at the Carsey School of Public Policy at the University of New Hampshire with seed funding from the Hewlett Foundation. The Center seeks to galvanize the capacity of credit unions to direct capital to solar and other clean energy solutions in communities across the country.
The Director of Resiliency and Clean Energy Finance will be responsible for building a network of credit unions committed to design and scale solutions to climate change, with a goal of promoting affordable and sustainable energy for all people. The ideal candidate will have led clean energy lending in financial institution(s), with demonstrated interest and passion in training other lending professionals to create flexible financing vehicles to stimulate and grow the availability and deployment of solar and other clean energy, particularly among moderate income residents and communities.
Based in our New York City office, the Director will develop and advise on in-person and online training curriculum for lenders, engage credit union professionals in a learning network, support and guide the implementation of solar lending programs, help design investment vehicles and support the raising and deployment of capital to support these activities.
The Director is a key member of the Inclusiv senior management team with responsibilities for designing and building lending capacity at 20-30 credit unions around the country. Specifically, the Director will:
- Lead project management in the development of online and in-person training curriculum for solar finance.
- Lead all aspects of program design and implementation, including managing strong relationships with credit union network participants and partner organizations, coordinating trainings, providing in-depth guidance and support and working across teams to achieve program goals.
- Support and build capacity of credit unions to serve their communities and grow their lending programs through ongoing technical assistance, guidance and advice.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with credit unions, foundations, national nonprofits, community organizations, industry players and corporate supporters.
- Guide the design of investment vehicles to grow clean energy finance programs.
- Represent Inclusiv at industry events and speaking engagements.
- Work with our Communications team to prepare and disseminate information, releases, articles and other communications on programs and initiatives.
- Work to identify and report to investors and funders on clean energy finance.
- Other duties as needed and as projects evolve.
- Position requires 15-20% travel across the US and Puerto Rico.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred in economic development, finance, environmental sustainability and\or related fields.
- 5-8 years relevant work experience in consumer finance/banking, project management and\or finance, or community development finance; with at least 2 years management level experience.
- Strong project management and organization skills; experience effectively managing multiple projects across different internal and external constituents to drive results.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build relationships with a diverse array of people and organizations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work well in teams as well as independently; working comfortably across units and leading teams to achieve program goals.
- Dedication to always producing the highest quality work and motivated to constantly seek new and better ways to reach goals.
At Inclusiv, we believe that true financial inclusion is a fundamental right. Our mission is to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence through credit unions. We dedicate ourselves to closing the gaps and removing barriers to financial opportunities for people living in distressed and underserved communities. Inclusiv is a certified CDFI intermediary that invests, make connections, build capacity, develop innovative products and services and advocate for our member community development credit unions (CDCUs).
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions that serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all of our recruitment efforts.
Career Opportunities at Inclusiv member credit unions
Posting of positions is free for all Inclusiv members. Submit a new position!
To modify or remove a position please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org